Kale Cucumber Salad
- 1 bunch Kale destemmed and sliced thin
- 5 cucumbers – use #2 cone
Dressing: Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tbs miso paste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- Agave to taste
Dressing: Dijon Mustard
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
8 anchovy fillets
1 garlic clove
1 tsp Dijon mustard
¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup grated Parmesan
salt and black pepper
1 hard-boiled egg, peeled
14 ounces Tuscan kale (about 8 cups)
½ red Cabbage
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a blender; purée until smooth. With machine running, slowly add oil, drop by drop, to make a creamy dressing. Transfer dressing to a bowl and stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill. DO AHEAD: Dressing can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
Separate egg white from yolk. Place egg white in a coarse-mesh strainer set over a bowl. Press egg white through strainer with the back of a spoon; scrape egg white from bottom of strainer. Repeat with egg yolk, using a clean strainer and bowl. DO AHEAD: Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover bowls separately and chill.
Toss kale and cabbage with dressing in a large bowl to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and sieved eggs.
Banana Collard Wraps
makes 1 wrap
1 collard leaf 1 teaspoon to 1 TBS nut butter (almond, peanut, or sunflower)
Sprinkle of cinnamon and/or nutmeg
Sprinkle of rolled oats or your favorite granola
|Sprinkle of raisins (about 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon)
½ to 1 banana or several apple slices (depending on the size of the collard)
1. Lay the leaf flat and remove the tough center stem.
2. Thinly spread the leaf with nut butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon, oats and raisins.
3. Add the banana (you may need to cut the banana length wise to make it thinner for small collard leaves) or apple slices.
4. Fold the short end of the collard green over the filling and begin to tightly roll up the collard until you reach the end. Lay the wrap seam-side down on a plate.
Place kale in a large bowl, and add about 1/4 cup of the strawberry vinaigrette. Massage and rub dressing into kale with your hands, then let the kale sit for 5-10 minutes.
Add in salt, pepper, cherries, berries and avocado, then add a few more tablespoons of dressing and toss. Finish by topping with chopped almonds.
Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette
Combine all ingredients together in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.