Yes we cheated and used the Gluten free stuffing mix from Trader Joes. Although we added fresh vegetables and used the broth from the turkey! It was delicious!
Gluten Free Bread (Trader Joes Stuffing Mix)
6 Tbls butter
3 ½ cup water or veggie broth
½ onion #2 cone
2 stick celery #4 cone
Sauté the onions and celery with butter. Mix 6 TBLS butter and water in a sauce pan until butter is melted on low. Remove from heat and gently fold in the bread until all are moist and let sit for 10 minutes or until moisture is absorbed.
2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
3 tablespoons or vegetable broth
3/4 cup coarsely chopped chestnuts – you can use pecans as a substitute
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Use small or large culinary basket or place them in Wok MED – Click – LOW
- Melt butter with oil and broth in a 12” gourmet skillet or wok over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts, chestnuts and sage and cook, stirring often, until heated through, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This gravy is low in fat and takes just minutes to prepare. Serve it with Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, or simple, low-fat mashed potatoes or other steamed veggies for a wonderful, traditional but healthy meal. I also made it with almonds instead of cashews.. delicious!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 ½ to 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari or Braggs Aminos
- 2 tablespoons raw cashew pieces, soaked in water
- 2 tablespoons garbanzo bean flour, whole wheat flour or potato flour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 cloves garlic, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or desired mix of basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, marjoram
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sautéed vegetables (optional)
1. In a heated medium saucepan, place the chopped onions and start to sauté, adding splashes of vegetable broth to prevent burning and sticking. Add the mushrooms and garlic and add more broth to continue cooking until tender.
2. Meanwhile, combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender and process until completely smooth.
3. Transfer this mixture to the saucepan, adding to the sautéed vegetables. Stir and simmer, stirring constantly until thickened, adding additional water if needed. Taste and add additional soy sauce if needed.
This was the hit of the class!
RED CABBAGE, CRANBERRY, AND APPLE SLAW
5 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds) 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup rice vinegar 1/3 cup honey (or to taste)
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar 2 teaspoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon sea salt 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 1/4 cups thinly sliced Granny Smith apple 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Combine cabbage and cranberries in a large bowl. Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients (vinegar through pepper), stirring with a whisk; drizzle over cabbage mixture, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours. Add apple, and toss well to combine. Sprinkle with pecans.