- ½ fronds (fennel blub + Fennel)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley Sea Salt
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice ( 1 lg lemon)
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil to taste
- 3 ½ carrots (large)
1. Pick a few fennel fronds to make 1 tbs. In a bowl whisk together the fennel fronds, parsley, salt, pepper, lemon juice and garlic with olive Oil. Set aside.
2. Grate the carrot’s #2 on SM machine. Use #4 cone on SM machine or mandolin to shave the fennel bulb (or slice very thin with a chef knife.
3. Toss together the carrots, fennel bulb with the dressing.
These are the best vegan burgers you will ever encounter! The texture is amazing!
- 1 Cup cooked wild rice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 cup cooked buckwheat
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup cooked oats
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 4 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- sea salt to taste
- In a food processor (vita mix), pulse the nuts one cup at a time until fine. Transfer to a bowl and mix well with the other ingredients. Form ½ cup of the mixture into balls and flatten with your hands. Place patties between wax paper and freeze for up to 1 month in a vacuum-sealed container.
- To cook, place the burgers on a preheated 11-inch griddle and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, dress with your favorite condiments on a sprouted wheat bun or on a piece of lettuce.
- 5-6 Gala apples, #5 cone
- 1 tsp of lemon juice, #1 cone
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup of flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter, sliced
Toss sliced apples and lemon juice together. Arrange apple slices in cold electric skillet and scatter butter slices on top. Mix oatmeal, flour, cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle on top of apples. Cook at 275 degrees or Medium-click-low for 20 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream. Also great if you use pears & apples together.
This gravy is low in fat and takes just minutes to prepare. Serve it with Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, or simple, low-fat mashed potatoes or other steamed veggies for a wonderful, traditional but healthy meal. I also made it with almonds instead of cashews.. delicious!
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 ½ to 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari or Braggs Aminos
- 2 tablespoons raw cashew pieces, soaked in water
- 2 tablespoons garbanzo bean flour, whole wheat flour or potato flour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 cloves garlic, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or desired mix of basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, marjoram
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sautéed vegetables (optional)
1. In a heated medium saucepan, place the chopped onions and start to sauté, adding splashes of vegetable broth to prevent burning and sticking. Add the mushrooms and garlic and add more broth to continue cooking until tender.
2. Meanwhile, combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender and process until completely smooth.
3. Transfer this mixture to the saucepan, adding to the sautéed vegetables. Stir and simmer, stirring constantly until thickened, adding additional water if needed. Taste and add additional soy sauce if needed.
Garlicky Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
A healthy alternative to the heavy, fattening mashed potatoes!
- 6 large, unpeeled Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower
- water or vegetable broth
- 5-10 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- Spike seasoning
- Unsweetened Non-dairy milk – about ½ cup (optional)
- Cut the potatoes into ¾ inch (bite sized) pieces (use #3 cone)
- Pour about ½ inch of water or broth into a large saucepan or pot.
- Place the potatoes in the water add salt/pepper/Spike to taste, cover and start steaming the potatoes on heat.
- Remove the stem from the cauliflower and cut it into 1 ½ inch pieces and immediately and carefully add the pieces on top of the potatoes (after potatoes have steamed for about 5 minutes). Add the garlic (or reserve it for the end for a stronger garlic flavor) and more salt/pepper/Spike if desired, lower heat to medium low and cover.
- Steam or tenderize for about 10 more minutes, until all veggies are soft and mashable. Add additional water or broth if the bottom begins to burn.
- Remove from heat, add garlic if reserved, and mash with a potato masher to the desired consistency. Beaters can be used to create a fluffier result. Add non-dairy milk to moisten if needed.
Instead of starting your day with bacon, eggs and sausage…empower your health with a delicious powerful green drink.
You will have more energy, lose weight and feel better! TRY IT!
- Cantaloupe Frozen
- Frozen Banana
- 1 Lemon
- Swiss chard
- Italian Parsley