This was a class FAVORITE!
- 2 C. Fresh Pineapple, cut into wedges
- 6 TBS. Balsamic vinegar
- Frozen vanilla ice cream/yogurt (your choice)
- Coarse Sea Salt
In a saucepan on medium heat, reduce the vinegar by half so it creates a syrup.
Roast, grill, sear, or brown pineapple just enough to get a slight caramel brown coating on them. Place over your favorite frozen vanilla ice cream/yogurt. Pour a stream of the vinegar over the top, Sprinkle with a small pinch of the Sea Salt. Serve.
- ½ Onion thinly sliced
- 2 large Portobello Mushrooms Caps, thickly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder (Add chili flakes for more kick)
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper, sliced
- 3 TBS fresh cilantro
- Corn or Whole Wheat flour tortillas
Over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic till browned. Add mushrooms and peppers just enough to soften but not too long that they become too soft.
Place a large spoonful of filling into a tortilla, roll up or fold. Top with favorite salsa.
*Core Concepts: Portobello’s are best when they’re cooked enough to be softened or cooked at a higher heat to sear, but not cooked so long that they become overly soft.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 large tomatillos, papery husks removed and cut in half
- ½ C water
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 fresh Jalapeno chopped fine (I added this for some kick)
Over medium heat, sauté the onion until it is lightly browned. Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute. Add the tomatillos, water, salt and cumin. Simmer until the tomatillos have turned into a rough sauce. Remove from the heat and add the cilantro and lime juice.
SIMPLER VERSION: Add all ingredients to the pot at once and simmer until the tomatillos have softened and turned into a sauce.
The combination of Salsa Verde and apple cider vinegar really makes this salad, letting the simple ingredients, with salsa’s pop and sizzle, over the top.
- ¾ C. Salsa Verde (see below)
- 2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 sm. Tomato, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 C. Sliced Napa Cabbage
- ½ C corn
- ½ C cooked quinoa
- ½ C cooked, rinsed red beans
- Fresh oregano, chopped
- Fresh Avocado, chopped (I added this because avocados are so good for you. May omit if you want)
Add salsa Verde to the apple cider vinegar and toss all salad ingredients together.