This is oooohhhh so GOOD for you!
- 1⁄2 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4red onion, chopped, use Cone #2
- 1⁄2zucchini, chopped, use Cone #2
- 1⁄2yellow squash, chopped, use Cone #2
- 1⁄2red bell peppers, finely diced
- 1teaspoon garlic, minced, use Cone #1
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 5 cupsV-8 juice, spicy V-8 juice or tomato juice
- 1⁄4cup red wine vinegar
- Juice 1⁄2 lemon or limejuice, to taste
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 mango, seeded and chopped
- Sprig of mint for garnish, optional
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients through cayenne pepper. Refrigerate.
- Just prior to serving add tomato and mango.
Servings Per Recipe: 6 servingsCalories:172Total Fat:
0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 177mgTotal Carbs: 42gDietaryFiber: 3gSugar: 30gProtein: 2g
Great Substitute for Hamburgers!
1 cup cooked quinoa
3/4 cup all-purpose flour /can substitute other flour or ½ C. parmesan cheese or a mix of both
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 bunch chopped scallion or yellow onion
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1 small carrot, grated (~1/4 cup)
1/4 cup finely diced red pepper
¼ C finely chopped yellow pepper
¼ C chopped green olives
2 large eggs
1/4-cup milk (I use almond milk)
1. In large bowl, whisk together quinoa, flour, baking powder, salt, cilantro, carrot, and red pepper.
2. In separate small bowl, whisk together eggs, olive oil, milk, and sesame oil. Pour this mixture into large bowl with quinoa mixture and whisk just until combined. Do not over-mix.
3. Heat a skillet over medium-to-medium high heat. Spray or drizzle with a little grape seed or coconut oil. Fry for about 3 minutes per side until crispy. Wrap in lettuce and favorite condiment. Enjoy.
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/3 cupCotija cheese (or Parmesan if you can’t find it)
- Juice of one lime
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 bunch of spinach in the bottom of wok
- 1 1/2 lb of fresh salmon (or fish of your choice)
- Red Bell Pepper
For the Pesto blend the cilantro (with the stems removed), avocado, pepitas, cheese, lime juice, olive oil, and vita-mix together. Add a bunch of spinach at the bottom of the wok and cook the salmon on top of the spinach. Lay and thin layer of the pesto over the fish and garnish with red pepper rings and lemon slices.
This is better the 2nd and 3rd day if it lasts that long!
- 2lbs. Heirloom Tomatoes chopped
- 2 Bell Peppers chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 large cucumber chopped
- 1 15.5 oz can of garbanzo beans, rinse
- 1 15.5 oz can of tomato juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno
- 3 tbsp cooking sherry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ bunch each of parsley and cilantro
Coarsely chop- can do in batches if making a larger recipe. Throw it all in the blender, minus the tomato sauce. Serve w/croutons or crispy baguette.
Chef Angela wins again!
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Yellow squash
- Artichoke hearts
- Goat and feta crumbles
- Red wine vinaigrette
Mix all ingredients together and add to your favorite type of Orzo Pasta.
Great for the summer time!
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless breasts, cubed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- white wine
- tsp cayenne
Marinate the cubed chicken breasts in lemon juice, garlic cloves, greek yogurt, tsp cayenne and 2 tsp. of fresh rosemary. Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Soak the skewers in white wine to prevent burning and to add a better flavor. Grill the chicken skewers and salt and pepper to taste.
Heavin on Earth! Yes this cake is!
For the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
*Preheat your electric skillet to 325 degrees F. Line your skillet with parchment paper, and spray with oil.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it’s all incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool.
For the glaze, combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake.
- Kosher salt
- olive oil
- 1 3/4 cup orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup minced scallions, white and green parts
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 persian cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and medium-diced
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion
- 1 pound good feta cheese, large diced
Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and a splash of oil, and bring the water to a boil. Add the orzo and simmer for 9 to 11 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it’s cooked al dente. Drain and pour into a large bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Pour over the hot pasta and stir well.
Meanwhile, place the shrimp in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Add the shrimp to the orzo and then add the scallions, dill, parsley, cucumber, onion, salt and pepper. Toss well. Add the feta and stir carefully. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend, or refrigerate overnight. If refrigerated, taste again for seasonings and bring back to room temperature before serving.
This was voted the most flavorful dish of the day! Chef Vinny does it again!
- 1 large frozen bag of boneless/skinless chicken thighs or breast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Canola oil
- 6 plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 lemons, cut in 1/2
- 1 red onion, skin on, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Greek olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped oregano leaves
- 1 English cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Greek whole milk yogurt
Preheat pan or grill to medium. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, and drizzle well with canola oil. Place the chicken in the pan or on the grill, cooking until golden brown on both sides. Cooking until cooked through, about 17 minutes longer. Remove from the pan/grill and let rest 10 minutes before cutting.
While the chicken is cooking, brush tomatoes, lemons and onion slices with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill lemons cut side down until golden brown, and tomatoes cut side down until slightly charred. Grill onion slices, flipping once, until softened and slightly charred. If cooking in a pan do the same thing as the grill, but cook until browned.
Make the vinaigrette by whisking the vinegar and mustard until smooth. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, then whisk in the oregano and season with salt and pepper.
To serve, cut the chicken into half serving pieces and arrange on a large shallow platter. Arrange the tomatoes and onions, the lemon halves, and the cucumbers over and around the chicken. Scatter the olives and feta cheese over, then drizzle with vinaigrette. Tear the basil leaves over the dish, and then dollop the yogurt in the center.
This dish is delicious! You will be delighted with the flavor combination Chef Vinny Created.
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
Using a large skillet on a stove or Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into 1-inch cubes. Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, cayenne and salt and pepper. Spread them into a large skillet or on a baking sheet. Roast for 30- 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking. Cool slightly.
Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, or use a hand blender and add the lemon juice and tahini, and pulse 3 or 4 times to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl and add the chopped parsley. Garnish with extra parsley. Serve with slices of pita bread. Serve it with Cucumbers if you are gluten free